Friday, April 13, 2012
Report cards...
My girls brought home report cards today. I can't begin to say how proud I am of them! Hailey has a GPA of 3.71 and she has received high honors all year. I am extremely proud of her because we moved and this is a new school for her. She was in the play Beauty and the Beast Jr. just a few weeks ago and three teachers praised her and said she would be the one to watch in next years play. She absolutely loves drama and being in the productions. Right now she is up for a solo in her chorus concert...hopefully we will find out soon! Now on to Hanna. Hanna has had some issues learning as fast as the other kids. We moved here because this is one of the best school districts around and we prayed they could help Hanna catch up. Hanna is no dummy by any means, she just has to put in more effort than some of the other kids. When school started she was a grade level below in her reading. Her teacher was afraid she would have to hold Hanna back a year. My heart ached for her because I knew Hanna would not like this at all,I couldn't blame her. Guess what? Hanna is now reading at grade level and she is actually reading these books quickly! I cannot tell you how amazing this is! Her teacher is no longer talking about holding her back...they call her the energizer bunny! I could cry every single time I think about it. She has had an amazing transformation. I never ever thought I would send my kids to public school, now I know it's the best thing I could have done for them. I am so very grateful for the teachers that have helped Hanna and the teachers that love Hailey, it does my heart good. Hanna was also honored at an awards breakfast. Every staff member could pick one child to be recognized at this breakfast, Hannas teacher picked her! She was embarrassed but I was ecstatic! So, what's the point of this post? Just to say I have amazing kids! Moving is hard and being the new kid at school is harder and my kids rocked it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Words from friends...