Saturday, April 28, 2012

Feeling inadequate

Earlier today I saw a post on FB about putting up or shutting up when it comes to the plight of the orphan. Basically if we don't adopt we should not say we love these kids or even hurt for them. While this may not bother some it really pushed my buttons, hurt, and angered me. My heart literally aches when I think about all of the children 170 million of them without families. While I am not in a position to adopt a child,and who knows I may never be, but how can this person say or think that I need to shut up? How do these children get a voice if people (including myself) shut up? Who will speak for them? Beg people to spread the word? Beg for funds to give them grants? Plead for everyone to spread the word about some of the conditions these children live in? At first I was shocked and saddened, now I'm really ticked off! The post was removed but nothing was ever said about it. Personally, I think this chick needs a reality check! I bet she found her children from a blog or post that someone like me made. Shouldn't she be thanking us? Just my two cents, I didn't want to be removed from the site so I will say my remarks here and move on.

By the way my little Sophia is still waiting and guess what? I love her dearly and a family will certainly be blessed when they find her!

2 comments:

  1. You have such a heart for these kids. Don't let anyone ever convince you to stop sharing their stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy. The comment really bothered me. I know a few other people didn't appreciate it either.

      Delete

Words from friends...