Monday, December 13, 2010
Competition!
Saturday evening both girls had competition in Dayton. Jamfest is an awesome competition and usually we enjoy them so much! This time....not so much. It was the most boring one we have been to. I should say it was only boring until Hanna went up to compete, then it was VERY exciting! They had one other team going against them and they were so so. Not bad but not great. Hanna's team was amazing as always, although I thought Hanna seemed a little off. She seemed pretty nervous but she loves it (not me, I couldn't do it)! Anyway, the team was great and it was almost time for Hailey! Hailey had 3 other teams to go against! The first team went and they were pretty good, then it was Hailey's turn! They had awesome facials and danced very hard BUT I did see 2 mistakes. Now these mistakes were not obvious if you did not know the routine, fingers crossed! We sat through 2 more teams and ALL of them were excellent, what a nail biter! Same with the Senior teams, a great big nail biter. Time for awards came, they started with the dance division, Mini Hip-Hop, Hanna's team! Now I thought for sure they had won and THEY DID! Next up was Junior Hip-Hop, Hailey's team. I figured maybe second or third. They call 4th place, not us, YES! Now comes third place, the guy reading the scores could not figure out who had third? So we wait. Finally he says that there was not a third place because they had a second place tie. Now I just KNEW Hailey's team tied for 2nd. They called a team for 2nd then they announced the next 2nd place team and guess what? It was NOT Hailey's team, they had won 1st place! We all started yelling and clapping! What a rush! Those girls did so awesome and really won because they did that good, not because someone else was not good, they all were! Now that is a win! Was that a nail biter for you like it was for us? LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Words from friends...