Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Its been awhile...

Yep we are still busy! Hayden has had a fever for a few days now but no other symptoms really. He does have 4 teeth coming in and they are just about to break the skin, maybe that is his issue? Hailey and Hanna had the first dance competition of the season on Sunday. I was a bundle of nerves! You thought I would say that they were the nervous ones didn't you? Nope, not my girls they live for this stuff, its me who gets all nervous and worked up lol! ? Hanna went first, the excitement built and the crowd went wild! Her group came out and started out flawless! Then about 1 minute into the dance the music changes to the seniors dance? What? Really? The girls were confused and not sure what to do. So after at least 2 minutes of waiting they got to start over! Again doing a great job despite the restart they are going strong! One and a half minutes into it, the music stops completely!!! What? Again? Seriously? So again the girls are confused, our team tells them to continue without music and we do the 8 counts for them! They finish beautifully with no music! They went on to WIN 1st place! Next up is Hailey, we wait, wait, and wait some more...where are they? Finally they arrive on the floor (our team had a crossover and she was still changing) and the crowd goes wild! They start off great, until the first trick of the dance. Hailey does this cool handstand trick and a girl catches her feet and flips her over her shoulder onto Haileys feet. Well, she did not set Hailey down, she threw her off her shoulders and Hailey fell. I could tell she was upset! She got up and kept going! She finished like a champ doing her facials and smiles the whole time! I saw her before awards and she told me she lost first place for her team, I told her it is a TEAM and she cannot win or lose it for anyone! Guess what? They also WON 1st place! I was/am so proud of both of them. They both had to overcome unplanned obstacles that can throw off a routine but they came through it like champs! They did their best and that's all I can ask for. I love those two! Hailey competes again this Saturday, Hanna is a little jealous lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words from friends...