My husband is a CSI guy...Crime Scene Investigator. On Monday he went to my 8 year olds school to teach them some things about his job. The kids are learning to Organize and evaluate observations and data to formulate inferences and conclusions (that's a lot for 8 year olds lol...I took that from the note sent home to all 3rd graders)! Anyway, Johns job seemed to fit with what they are learning so Hanna's science teacher asked him to come in. Hanna had been looking forward to this day for two weeks. She kept saying it was "her day". She was very happy and proud to have her daddy come, it was adorable. Hanna was going to be Johns helper so she dressed extra cute, however if you know Hanna, she HAS to look cute everyday because she is a diva. Anyway, Hanna came home with over 175 thank you notes (that's how many 3rd graders are in her school!!!). We were reading them together and some cracked us up and others were very sincere. John and my Dff thought I should share a few here. So for tonight's episode of thank you's I will give you my favorite:
Dear Officer Mulholland
Thank you for coming to Endeavor and wasting your time on us. My favorite part of your presentation was when we did the fingerprints.
Sincerely Jayda
I did fix spelling and didn't put the child's name just in case. My favorite part of the thank you note was Thank you for wasting your time on us!!! I laughed so hard. Can you imagine teaching these kids...what a hoot!
I will try to post one a day for a few days. Some are very creative and they ask great questions!
Here is a photo of the letter...ignore the way the picture is from my email. I wasn't sure how to take it from email to the iPad ( I am still learning, don't judge lol)!

Thanks for wasting your time blogging about this. :)
ReplyDeleteLol anytime!
ReplyDelete