Saturday, January 14, 2012
In the year 2012
I am totally baffled that in the year 2012 people still think that a child or person with a disability or special need is not worthy. Not worthy of living. I am just beside myself and pretty speechless. I am disappointed. This is a child I am talking about. A child being denied medical help from her doctor because she is "mentally retarded". Amelia needs a transplant, one that the doctor is denying because he doesn't believe her life is worth saving. Even if her own family members donate the organ the doctor refuses to proceed. How can this happen? How is able to do this? Where are his morals? His values? Where are his ethics? Compassion? Are doctors not in the field of SAVING lives? I'm so confused and I cannot imagine if this was my child. I hurt for this family. Don't believe me? Read here Amelias story my husband had a hard time believing what I said. He said no way could a doctor do this. Unfortunately I am speaking truth. You can go here to sign a petition to help little Amelia. Her life is worth saving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Words from friends...