Monday, January 2, 2012

I did not write this. This is a post written in hopes of saving Karen. Please share and spread the word...she is running out of time.

 

Saving Karen


This is Karen. She is 11 days away from being 16. When you think of turning 16 you think cake, a big party with family and friends, tons of present and constant laughter and joy. Karen is not as lucky as many of us, you see Karen is an orphan. She has spent the last 7 years, yes you read that right 7 WHOLE years in an orphanage full of other children with no one to tell her how amazing and special she is. No one to tell her what a joy she is to have in their life. No one to love her the way that every person deserves to be loved. When she turns 16 she will no longer be eligible to live in the orphanage or be adopted for that matter.She will be tossed out on the street with nothing but the few belongings that she has collected over the years and the clothes on her back. Imagine being 16 years old being dropped in the middle of a town and told to fend for yourself. I am 19(almost) and I cannot even imagine what I would do if I were placed in a situation like that. Karen is healthy. Her only strike against her is that she is older.She alsohas a younger sister named Chrystyna who will be 10 in a couple of weeks. She has some delays which could be caused from being in an orphanage for so many years and possibly Fetal Alcohol Syndrome,but nothing is confirmed. Karen and Chrystyna can be adopted together, but they may be able to be adopted separately as well. I cannot express to you how URGENT this situation truly is. Please re-post, share, tweet,or blog. Heck do all of it. This young lady is countingon us, let’s not let her down. Here are the links to their Reece’s Rainbow pages:
http://reecesrainbow.org/?s=chrystyna
http://reecesrainbow.org/1687/karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words from friends...