Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Really? I guess Etsy is out for me!

Life With My Special Ks: Wanna Buy a Greeting Card?: "This Blog Linked From Here Most Popular Posts on this Blog Learn more about Kennedy!
This Blog
Linked From Here
Most Popular Posts on this Blog
Learn more about Kennedy!

Saturday, January 8, 2011
Wanna Buy a Greeting Card?

'Congratulations! You have a child with Down syndrome!'... 'Congratulations! You got Breast Cancer!' Sounds like the newest wave of Hallmark cards... no? No. Actually these, and more... like 'Congratulations! You got bad touched!' which are aimed at rape victims are on sale right now at the popular online store ETSY. The Down syndrome community rallied (we're good at that) and reported them to ETSY who claimed the author had rights... more rights than a rape victim, apparently.


We did manage to tick the guy off though. His revenge? A card that said, 'People with Down syndrome are awesome, but their parents are a**holes.' Ouch. I'm hurt. Really. OK, no I'm not. I've been called worse by better. Seriously though, I've been a loyal ETSY shopper over the years, but if they support people like this who attack the hurting and the helpless, then I'm done. There are many other places I can take my business.





So long, ETSY. I hope you lose a lot of business and shop owners over this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words from friends...