Thursday, July 7, 2011

Letterboxing fun!

My husband and I have been trying to think of something we could do as a family that did not cost us an arm and a leg. I remembered a friend of mine mentioning that she "letterboxes". I asked her what it was all about and how to begin. She set me up with some great websites and I began my search. I printed out a few places to go, we went and bought our "family" stamp, and our other supplies. I then contacted a good friend of mine and asked her to join us. We had so much fun! We went to Spring Grove cemetery and apparently they have a ton of hidden boxes! Who knew that a cemetery would be the "go to" place? We only looked for 7 but they have so many more! I still need to log my finds and let one of the owners know that the box is pretty much in ruin. We are looking forward to doing it more, my kids thought it was the best thing ever! I may even try geocaching. That is similar to letterboxing but instead of stamps you take and leave trinkets. You need a GPS for geocaching and I dont have one so that one will have to wait.

I have been wanting to blog for awhile now but that darn iPad just doesn't let me! We have been having a pretty good summer. Hanna just had her 7th birthday, I cannot believe my itty bitty beautiful girl is 7! Hailey will be 12 next week and that just blows my mind!!! Hailey is going to drama camp next week and she is really looking forward to it! They are doing a play about pirates, it just so happens that the performance day is also her birthday! Hanna is looking forward to school starting! Whose kid is she lol? Hayden has been in a rough stage lately and he wears me out daily! I almost dont know what to do with him. He is starting to hit people (mainly us not strangers) and be aggressive. I hate it.

Uh oh I must go, company has arrived! Hopefully I will be back soon!

2 comments:

  1. So what stamp did you choose for your family stamp? Where are the pictures? I might do this with the kids. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not take pictures, can you believe that? For now we have an "M" stamp for "the Mole family". I am wanting a D!sney stamp but I have not found the perfect one yet!

    ReplyDelete

Words from friends...